Thursday, February 1, 2018

French Terry Bellavista


I was pretty smitten with the Itch to Stitch Bellavista top the second it came out... something about the proportions just spoke to me. Here's my version!


I went with the cowl-neck version rather than the scoop neck (obvi, as the kids say), and the long sleeves in lieu of the bell sleeves.


Based on the size chart I went with a straight size 14. My hips put me somewhere between a 16 and an 18, but I figured the wide hem would help me out in that department. Plus, the finished measurements indicated I'd be ok.


I wrapped the sleeve pattern piece around my arm as a bit of a quick tissue fit. I wanted a bit more room, so I did a 1 inch full bicep adjustment.


My fabric is a poly/rayon blend french terry from Joann. It reads grey from afar, but it's really black and white, with fun flecks of neon coral/pink and yellow throughout. It's insanely soft and has great drape, perfect for the Bellavista's giant cowl and floaty body.


I love the Bellavista's swingy bodice and oversized cowl! It's incredibly comfortable. In addition, the Bellavista is really versatile. I think you can easily dress it up or down depending on your fabric choice and how you pair it... jeans, pencil skirt, cropped cigarette pants...


Here I paired it with my ponte Jade skirt, from Paprika Patterns, which is now almost 3 years old! I am embarrassed to say I almost never wore this skirt during those 3 years, but not because I didn't love it. Rather it was just too hot in Bangkok for a double-layer ponte skirt. But now that I've rediscovered it, I am totally pumped. It's perfect for Burlington weather!!


TLDR: Love me this Bellavista and already trying to source fabric for another!