Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Testing, testing: True Bias Emerson Crop Pants


Does my face in this photo accurately portray how much I love these pants? Methinks yes.


Here's my take on latest pattern release from Kelli at True Bias: the Emerson pattern. The pattern has two views, either shorts or cropped pants with an elasticized back, flat front waistband, sewn down front pleats and slash pockets.


Note: this is my tester version of the pattern. Kelli made a few small changes to the pattern for the final, including lengthening the crotch curve a bit. 


I made mine from a piece of rayon challis from my stash... so lightweight and comfortable!


I was a bit worried about the pleats and pockets combination highlighting my hip/tummy area, but I really like how they turned out.


I tried (only somewhat successfully) to capture some of the movement here:


The Emerson pattern is a really quick sew. I'd say you could finish these in a couple hours, especially if you choose a slightly more stable fabric than I did.


I'm eyeing those linen pairs Kelli made... so classy in linen!


Here is a close-up of the back I took later, as I forgot to take a photo during this shoot:


I love these! Definitely going to make another pair and try out the Emerson shorts sometime soon...!