Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Playhouse Dress x 2

My younger niece is turning 2 years old very soon, so I thought I would sew something up for her. But then, once I got started on her gift, I decided it made sense to make something for her older sister, too. Assembly line sewing is efficient, but man, it's tiring!





I love the Fishsticks Designs Playhouse Dress I made last year for our friends' daughter- she wears it all the time and every time I see her in it I make a mental note to try out the pattern for my nieces. I love the option to combine knits and wovens, and the curved lines of the bodice are really nice.


Poking through my stash resulted in this fun fabric combo: the rayon challis remnants from my Summer Jazz dress for the skirt and sleeves, plus neon green and grey striped jersey I bought from from Girl Charlee many ages ago for the bodice and bindings.


They came out really cute! The rayon challis gives them lots of drape, and I love the mix of stripes and print- so fun! Hope the girls like them!