Tuesday, March 31, 2015

More Maya

Maya in all the fabrics!!


I am so enamored with my last Marilla Walker Maya top- I've worn it maybe 6 or 7 times since making it just a few weeks ago. Accordingly, I have been jonesing to make another.  For my second Maya, I wanted to experiment with making it in a drape-y-er (drapier? more drape-y?) fabric to see how it hangs, although I love the stiffer cotton batik I made it in last time.


I had some in my stash that fit the bill: some rayon challis (I think, nothing is ever marked) batik from Indonesia. Slippery stuff, somewhat sheer, but not too bad.

Unlike my first Maya, I decide to interface the neckline and armhole facings. The neckline worked out really well, but the sleeves poke out just a little bit. Maybe it'll soften up with washing?


Gah, the Maya pattern is the perfect blank slate. Love it.


19 comments:

  1. Such a pretty top! I love your first one too! I think I've just added another pattern to my "want" list after seeing your two versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maya is definitely the perfect blank slate for showing off a fun fabric!

      Delete
  2. This looks so good on you! I love the fabric you chose for both of your Maya tops. I really think I need this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teri! It's a solid basic, for sure. But then again, I am a pattern purchase enabler, so beware ;-)

      Delete
  3. This one looks just as fabulous as the first one you made! It's a really great colour on you too! Do you think you'll make the button front version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! Yeah, green is definitely my favorite. It's very me. I'll definitely make a button front Maya at some point- maybe with a fabric that requires less pattern matching, though, because lazy.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, I love this drapey version! I bet this would so breezy and cute with some short shorts. It's understated, but pretty, so you get that effortless cool look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! The drapey version is sooo breezy and comfy- wore it yesterday and it was perfect for Bangkok's unbearable heat.

      Delete
  5. I love this top on you and if I didn't know better I'd think it was drafted specifically for you!!! Glad you are making the most of your pattern and getting lots of wear from your makes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, you're saying you didn't draft it for me?! ;-)

      Delete
  6. I really love your fabric choices! I am so plain :( But you really do have a nice style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Sometimes I feel like I have too many patterned fabrics and no solids or neutrals. But I do love them so...

      Delete
  7. Another beautiful Maya. This green is a great color on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Green is definitely my favorite!

      Delete
  8. I like how the sleeves poke out, it really emphasizes the shape. Very cute! Rayon challis is so nice to wear.. I wish I could find a print that cute in challis around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think it would work if I sized it up about 4 inches? I have a 52 in bust. It looks like it has a lot of ease though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would definitely work and be an easy pattern to grade up since it's so simple.

      Delete