Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Five and Ten Designs Patchwork Jumper

I've had the Five and Ten Designs Volume One pattern in my stash for months now, but just got around to making something from it now.  Volume One is pretty cool: one basic bodice pattern, but instructions for 10 different fun ways to modify it.


 The plaid patchwork fabric, from the sale bin at a local Bangkok store, inspired this simple button-front version of the dress pattern for Zoe. I didn't want to attempt any of the more complicated designs with such a busy fabric.  As it was, the seams on the patchwork interfered with the armpit seams a bit, making it a bit lumpy... here's hoping big Z doesn't notice!


I lined the bodice with some thin red polka dot fabric from Martha's stash, used buttons from Chatuchak weekend market, and ironed in my new labels from ananemone on Etsy.  
Pretty cute!!


It's probably gonna be big on Zoe- I made size 4- but I figure she could wear t-shirt or blouse underneath until it fits better.