Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gathered Top


I recently made a wearable muslin version of Butterick B5356, a pattern I got back in the States over Christmas.  I thought it looked comfy and flowy, good for Jakarta's sweaty weather. Used some crazy bright green fabric from the Real Martha that makes me feel like I should be sipping an iced tea on the lanai with the Golden Girls... in a good way.
 

It came out pretty cute, although the neckline is a bit conservative.  I think it would look nice with an embroidered yoke, kinda like a Mexican peasant top, or a lace or sheer yoke like the sample on the Butterick website:


I rolled the dice and made one size smaller than the pattern suggested for my measurements, as it seemed like the pattern had a lot of ease.  It worked out well- I think I would have been swimming in the larger size.