Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Crinkly Tag Toy

So, based on a survey of the internets and a small sample of real life babies, my understanding is that baby toys that crinkle and are covered in tags are the new hotness.  And, thus, since I am always attune to the new hotness (*snort*), I decided to take a stab at making one, loosely based on this tutorial.


I had some baby-themed flannel leftover from another project I am working on (baby swaddlers!), but only tiny little pieces, so I had to improvise.  I measured my crinkle material of choice (the tutorial suggests a baby wipes wrapper, but sans baby to wipe I went with the wrapper from some make-up removing wipes, which seems to have the same crinkly consistency) and then fussy cut some small squares from my teeny flannel scraps to sew together to make 2 larger squares equal in size to the crinkly wrapper.  Add some ribbon bits, sew and ta-da: new, crinkly, taggy hotness.