Saturday, November 28, 2009

Eggs Benedict with Leftover Stuffing, Turkey and Brussel Sprouts

I saw this idea for reimagining Thanksgiving leftovers a couple years ago in a Daily Candy email:
  • Form your leftover stuffing into little patties and fry them in a little olive oil until warmed through and a little crispy on the outside.

  • Top with warmed shredded turkey (I splashed a little chicken broth on mine to keep it moist, then popped it in the microwave for a minute).

  • Throw on some greens- sauteed spinach, or, in our case, leftover brussel sprouts

  • Top with a poached egg and some hollandaise sauce (I used the Washington Post's blender hollandaise sauce).

An awesome way to transform the leftovers into something new and edible. Essential for me since, as you know, I hate leftovers (particularly mixed grill).